Editorial and Programming Assistant
The National Association of Schools of Music, a not-for-profit specialized accrediting association founded in 1924, headquartered in Reston, VA, is seeking a full-time (9-5, M-F) staff member. This employee will hold consistent responsibilities and duties with and among all organizations and operating entities managed by the National Office for Arts Accreditation.
The Association employs fourteen staff members in a non-smoking, studious, quiet, and busy office. Attire is business professional. The National Office is within walking distance of the Metro.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and prepare for Annual and other meeting program planning meetings including conducting research, preparing materials, and scheduling planning meeting activities.
- Create Annual and other meeting program text as informed by notes, feedback, discussion, and assignment.
- Invite, confirm, and communicate with Annual and other meeting personnel.
- Organize, manage, monitor, and maintain as current Annual and other meeting program content and personnel.
- Attend to and complete tasks associated with meeting close out.
- Write, create, edit, and proofread text and documents as assigned and in support of Association operations.
- Assist the Executive Director as assigned with daily responsibilities associated with the work of the National Office for Arts Accreditation and its constituent organizations.
Unwavering integrity; disciplined dedication; deep intelligence and a keen intellect; desire to serve and contribute; cordial, welcoming, and respectful demeanor; curiosity and a passion for learning; superior judgement and problem-solving ability; ability to maintain information as confidential.
- Advanced writing, editing, and proofreading capabilities
- Capacity to research topics; review and consider information; present clear, concise, and cogent written distillations of thoughts, ideas, facts, and results
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work with and in complex systems
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in teams
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, FileMaker, Adobe Acrobat, and Mac operating systems
An undergraduate degree is required; a graduate degree is preferred. Study in an arts discipline and writing expertise are required. At least 3 years of post-collegiate professional experience is required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes selected paid holidays; paid vacation; health, dental, vision, and disability insurance (as eligible); employer-sponsored 403(b) savings plan.
To be considered for this position, please email the documents outlined below in one PDF-formatted file using your full name as the file name to NASMEAPA2019@gmail.com. Please include EAPA in the email’s subject line.
- A formal cover letter which 1) describes in detail your capacity to address duties and responsibilities as noted above; and 2) documents your attributes and skills.
- A resume outlining your educational experience including degree(s) earned, and your professional experience including names of employers and dates of employment. Please include 3-5 professional references.
- Two recent five-page writing samples which demonstrate your writing abilities.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.