MILITARY PAY TECHNICIAN
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Specialized experience is defined as performing duties that support the processing of financial/accounting transactions using standardized procedures that may include reviewing financial/accounting systems information/documents for accuracy/completeness, inputting financial/accounting information into automated systems, or correcting invalid financial/accounting transactions
Time-in-Grade: GS-03 position or higher in the preceding 52 weeks on a permanent competitive appointment may be considered.
GS-05 Substitution of Education for Experience: Four years of successfully completed education above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation, or the equivalent, is a prerequisite may be substituted to meet the specialized experience required. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. If you are using education to substitute for the specialized experience, you must submit transcripts at the time you apply. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. You must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html ).
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
- Moving expenses will notbe paid.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to make a temporary promotion. For some positions, the temporary promotion may be made permanent without further competition.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 120 days of the closing date.
- This position is Non-Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Travel requirement is Seldom 1-24%.
- Some of these positions are covered by a bargaining unit. If selected, you may ask about bargaining unit at the time of job offer.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives)
- This position requires you to obtain and maintain a Level 1 Certification under the DoD Financial Management (FM) Certification Program as a condition of employment. If you are selected, you will have to obtain this certification within two (2) years of your entry on duty in the position unless you are already in a position that requires a Level 1 Certification in which case you must complete the certification within the original 2-year period. Failure to become certified within the required time-frame may be grounds for removal from the position and/or from Federal service. Information about the DoD FM Certification Program is available at http://www.dfas.mil/dam/dfas/careers/pdf/DoDFMCertificationProgram.pdf
- The following link will help you determine if you meet the eligibility to apply for this position:
- You will be considered only for those appointment eligibilities for which you select, attach supporting documentation and are found eligible.
- A cost of Living Allowance not to exceed 4.22% of the Base Pay level is currently authorized at the Fort Wainwright and Fort Richardson locations and not to exceed 11.32% at Schofield Barracks.
- The General Schedule (GS) basic pay schedule may vary by geographic locality. To view pay rates in a specific location visit the Office of Personnel Management pay tables at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2018/general-schedule/
- PLEASE NOTE: The purpose of this announcement is to build a pool of applicants for anticipated vacancies. There may not be immediate openings at all locations. When vacancies occur applicants for the location of the vacancy will be considered for referral and will receive a notification at that time.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated based upon information you provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If a determination is made that the work experience described in your submitted resume does not support your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire, your score may be reduced, and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are already a DFAS employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including removal from Federal service, if you are found to have exaggerated, embellished, inflated, mischaracterized, or falsified your resume or qualifications.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Concepts, Policies, and Principles of Payroll
- Financial Management Systems
- Fundamentals and Operations of Pay
- Mathematical Reasoning
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10397462
Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No