Seeking a Staff Accountant to join an IT Management firm located in the Reston, VA area. The firm has been around for over 10 years and has been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Washington Business Journal for 5 years in a row! The Staff Accountant will be working very closely with the Controller. The ideal person in this role will possess strong organizational skills, isn't afraid to ask questions and will roll up their sleeves to get the job done. The firm offers an amazing benefits pkg, free parking, covering 80-100% along with a 401k plan. The person must have prior knowledge and exp. working with government contracts such as (GAAP, FFP and CPFF).
- Reviewing and processing invoices/employee expense reports
- Ability to create and process year-end 1099's
- Credit card reconciliations
- Preparing invoices for fixed price and cost-plus fixed fee contracts
- Semi-monthly payroll (review time sheets and transfer payroll to the payroll provider)
- Journal entries and month-end close
- Preparing and assisting with invoices (FFP and CPFF contracts)
*Interested candidates, please forward your resume to Andrea Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
- BS in Accounting/Finance
- 3+ yrs of relative work exp.
- Knowledge of GAAP and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Federal Acquisition Regulation exp.
- Exp. with outsourced payroll processing
- Strong M.Office
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written)
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Andrea Wilkinson