The NOC Technician will be responsible for customer support and trouble resolution in 24x7 NOC environments. Support will include trouble ticket resolution activities, including scheduled and unscheduled outages, and resolution of network and service issues. The NOC Technician will also deal with MPLS network, network switches, firewalls, and network applications to successfully establish WAN connectivity to customer locations.
- Provide global operation support on a 24X7 basis for monitoring and managing of Telecommunications, Information Technology (IT), and network services.
- Provide customer support, receive calls, and perform problem resolution and trouble ticket management in a 24 x 7 operations environment. Activities will involve network discovery, SNMP traps, establishing connectivity, Telnet access down to the device, device configurations, IP Address management, firewalls, and secure remote access.
- Receive trouble calls from customers related to telecommunications, IT, and network services. Manage the trouble ticket resolution and closure process.
- Coordinate and act as a single point of contact during service provisioning and installations. Support testing after services provisioning and for customer acceptance.
- Resolves any service issues and provide regular status updates to the Government. Escalate problem resolution as necessary.
- Prepare and deliver periodic service reports as required by the contract to the customers
- Keep a database of customer operations contact points, service parameters and configurations to help in trouble resolution.
5+ years of experience in NOC operation for telecommunications and IT networks. Strong customer interface and problem resolution experience. Experienced using network management systems and tools. Expertise in IP and Cisco routers configurations and operation.
- Associate degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- CCNP, CCIE R/S is preferred.
- Minimum of Intermediate proficiency level with MS Office applications
- Expertise in network management tools, test tools, and security.
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting Cisco switches and firewalls.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
Clearance Requirements: An active SECRET clearance is highly desirable. Otherwise, candidate must be clearable.