Operations Research Analyst
25% or less - Travel is required for up to 25% of the work calendar year.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Subject to Random Drug Testing.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Favorable suitability determination required.
- Financial Disclosure is required.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Q level Security Clearance.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Males must abide by Selective Service registration requirements.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- Compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) governing personal identity which will require that you provide two forms of identification.
- A one-year probationary period may be required.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level at the NQ-01, GS-11 or NN-02 in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as experience providing complex program management and/or oversight of major acquisition programs in value of at least one hundred million to multi-billion dollars; experience conducting cost estimates of major acquisition programs or utilized scientific inquiry and analysis to assess program cost schedule, and scope performance; and experience providing authoritative and accepted recommendations and/or options on resource allocation of major acquisition programs to inform multi-year budgets
- Direct, conduct, and/or lead the development of Independent Cost Estimates for major acquisition programs; or
- Provide independent review, analysis and render an opinion of cost estimates performed by other sources; or
- Provide expert cost analysis during all phases of the execution of capital projects to inform and/or update project baselines; or
- Direct, conduct, and/or lead independent data-driven program analyses and evaluations to inform multi-year budget decisions and resource allocations.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Knowledge and skill in application of advanced analytical, mathematical, and statistical theories, principles, concepts, methods, and techniques related to statistical analysis; parametric and non-parametric analysis; computer modeling; decision theory; mathematical programming; regression analysis; and economic analysis.
- Ability to create and implement policy guidance and direction for cost estimation, program evaluation, and data collection.
- Knowledge of PPBE principles, concepts, and methodologies as applied to Federal Government programs
- Knowledge of government programs and organizational structure in order to perform effectively as an expert and advisor on cost estimation and program evaluation
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
"Experience" refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Position requires positive education: Degree in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus. Please note: You MUST provide college transcripts supporting any education claims in your application before the closing date.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
Are you using education to qualify? You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, see the Department of Education website. **If you are selected, official transcripts may be required.**
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Applicants who have completed part or all of their education outside of the U.S. must have their foreign education evaluated by an accredited organization to ensure that the foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the U.S. A written evaluation of any foreign education must be provided with your application in response to this vacancy announcement or be received by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide this evaluation will result in you being found unqualified for the position. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education, see the Department of Education website, and for a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, visit The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
Please Note: If your foreign education has already been accepted by an accredited U.S. educational institution as part of a degree program with that institution, you do not need to provide an evaluation of foreign education but must submit a copy of the transcripts listing the degree from the U.S. accredited institution that accepted your foreign education.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements. If you meet the qualifications requirements, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you will be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Q Access Authorization Drug test required Yes