Human Capital Specialist (HC Development)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
I. Selective Placement Factors, II. Minimum Qualifications, and III. Work Skills Assessment as described below.
I. Selective Placement Factor(s): -Skills, Knowledge, Ability or other work characteristics basic to - and essential for - satisfactory performance of the job. Selective Placement Factors are a prerequisite to appointment or placement and represent minimum requirements for a position. Applicants who do not meet the Selective Placement Factors are ineligible for further consideration. (Note: You must address the Selective Placement Factor(s) in a separate attachment to your resume. If you do not address the Selective Placement Factors separately, you will receive no further consideration for this position).
- Selective Placement Factor #1: Demonstrated experience developing and delivering operational and strategic leadership curricula and courses. You must have at least one year of specialized experience developing and delivering operational and strategic leadership curricula and courses. In your description of your approach to developing competent leaders, please briefly describe what metrics you used to assess leadership effectiveness; and at least one experiment you designed that showed a statistical or causal relationship between your training initiative and leadership competence
- Selective Placement Factor #2: Demonstrated experience developing and delivering management skills courses. You must have at least one year of specialized experience developing and delivering management skills course(s). In the description of your experience developing and delivering management skills course(s), please tell what key core management skill(s) your courseware focused on developing and delivering; and include in your description how you set up (goals) the students for continuous learning of those skills.
In addition to the Selective Placement Factor(s), to minimally qualify for the PG-14 level, you must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the PG-13 (or equivalent) grade level or higher. Specialized experience includes performing the following work:
- instructing instructor-led operational and strategic leadership development courses; AND
- instructing instructor-led management skills courses; AND
- at least one of the following:
- planning and managing daily workforce operations to implement an organizational vision focused on delivering results, value and exceptional customer service; OR
- development and implementation of an SES Candidate Development Program (SES CDP) or equivalent; OR
- development and implementation of department policy pertaining a Leadership Development Program; OR
- management of a leadership program for an organization or agency to include one or all of the following levels of leadership: Project/Team Lead, Supervisor, Executive (SES) level, Emerging Leaders, and/or Leadership for Professionals.
Additionally, this position also includes a Work Skills Assessment if applicant is chosen for an interview, or follow-up interview.
III. Work Skills Assessment: Demonstrated ability to instruct/teach and develop strategic and operational leadership levels. If chosen for an interview, or follow-up interview, applicants may be required to deliver a demonstration of ability to develop and instruct different levels of leadership, since this position requires prolonged periods of presentation, where you must present/teach in front of an audience. Applicants will be required to deliver, in a formal classroom setting, a short presentation on an operational or strategic leadership development topic; and/or management skills development topic of applicants choice. (Presentation topic must be approved in advance). Additionally, applicant may be required to provide a sample of the curricula that he/she developed or taught/delivered. (Note: Failure to agree to take part in, or complete, the Work Skills Assessment in a timely manner will result in no further consideration for this position).
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement(01/31/2019) to be considered.
Substitution of education in lieu of specialized experience may not be used for this grade level.
If you have separated from Federal Government employment, you may obtain a copy of your SF-50 via: National Personnel Records Center, Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL, 62295; FAX - 618-935-3014; or visit the National Archives Website.
Work Life Balance:
The GPO offers Transit subsidy for commuters using public transportation (Metro Bus/Rail, MARC, VRE, etc.). This position is also eligible for telework, flexible work schedule, and leave credit for private sector employment.
To ensure the accomplishment of its mission, the GPO requires every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully completed a background investigation for a suitability, Public Trust. This review could include financial issues such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs. Depending on the type of background investigation required, the security process may take between 6 weeks to 12 months.
The Agency may rescind the tentative offer, if the candidate is unable to obtain an interim clearance.
Schedule A (Disability Appointment):
Documentation of eligibility for employment under Schedule A can be obtained from a licensed medical professional (e.g., a physician or other medical professional certified by a state, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory to practice medicine); a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (i.e., state or private); or any Federal agency, state agency, or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits. The letter must be printed on a "medical professional's" letterhead and signed.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process you must contact the HC Specialist on the vacancy announcement at least seven business days before the closing date of this announcement to receive assistance. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
Candidates determined to be Best Qualified may be referred to the Hiring Manager for further consideration and possible interview. The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points, but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may be excluded from further consideration for this position.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this position, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may be excluded from further consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
You will be further evaluated on the following Competencies required for the position:
- Administration and Management.
- Comprehensive training solutions, data analysis techniques and training resource estimating and budgeting procedures.
- Leadership Development.
- Oral Communication.
- Organizational Awareness.
We DO NOT require a separate narrative statement responding to the competencies, however your resume must CLEARLY show possession of these competencies.
If you meet the qualifications stated above and you are among the top candidates your application may be referred to the Selecting Official for further review. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No