Management and Program Analyst
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Have completed a Ph.D. or equivalent graduate degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. Education must be related to the position to be qualifying. OR
- Have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: analyzing the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of conventional problems involving program operations; reviewing the effectiveness of policies and procedures related to the management and administration of financial and budgeting operations; gathering and organizing statistical information to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations; drafting recommendations for modifying, revising, or implementing procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations; and developing management operations reports and arranging and conducting conferences/meetings with appropriate management personnel. OR
- Have a combination of post baccalaureate education related to the position and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
- Have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: conducting and analyzing studies to evaluate the effectiveness of policies and procedures; writing administrative standard operating procedures; conducting analyses of administrative and management operations and work processes; conducting analyses of administrative and management operations functions and work processes including areas such as systems, manpower utilization, productivity management, workflow, and paperwork management; and developing findings and conclusions regarding management operations.
- Have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: employing advanced qualitative and/or quantitative evaluation techniques to conduct studies and analyze findings; analyzing and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of organizational programs, reviewing and editing administrative standard operating procedures affecting parent and subordinate offices; and, writing official reports to senior management on findings, recommendations, and implementation plans for improvements to programs or administrative operations.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10400231
If you qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application packages. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- This position is designated as a "non-emergency/teleworker" position and the selected candidate will be considered a "nonemergency/
teleworker" employee. In the event of a closure, you must be available to telework or request leave.
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- We may make additional selections for similar positions across the entire Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) within the local commuting area(s) identified in this vacancy announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with any interested selecting official(s) at HHS. There is no option to opt-out as your information will not be shared with other hiring agencies outside of HHS.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
To determine your qualifications and referral status, a review of your resume and supporting documentation may be made and compared against your responses to the vacancy questionnaire. Because your rating is based on both your responses to the questionnaire and documentation you submit, please make sure that your self-ratings are supported by the information you provide in your application. Your qualifications and self-ratings may be verified at any time during the application and selection process through quality review, interview questions, work samples, demonstrations, reference checks, and any other means. Inflated or unsupported qualifications may affect your rating. Any misrepresentation or material omission of facts on the assessment questionnaire or in any other materials you submit in support of your candidacy (including but not limited to the application), or in any oral statements you may make during the selection process shall be sufficient cause to end further consideration of your candidacy. Persons listed as having knowledge of your past accomplishments or experience in your application may be contacted for verification purposes at any time. Verification may, but need not, begin prior to receiving an offer.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and all other requirements.