Information Technology Specialist 2
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
IT Software Asset Administrator
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) - located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for an IT Software Asset Administrator position within the Enterprise Service Delivery, ITS Finance team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Tracking, evaluating, and managing a wide variety of hardware and software assets throughout the product lifecycle.
- work in collaboration and partnership with fiscal and technology stakeholders to consult and navigate the process of acquiring and maintaining software licenses; including capturing licensing deployment requirements within a Software Asset Management (SAM) repository/tool.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in a technology, business, finance, or management-related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Prior IT Asset Management (ITAM) roles (hardware or software) or demonstrable experience of working with IT asset management professionals to deliver ITAM capability and improved business outcomes;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, processes, and applicable regulations involved in supporting a complex software license portfolio across a diverse deployment landscape; and
- Knowledge of common SAM tools, IT asset discovery technologies, and data analysis techniques.
- Significant demonstrated Software Asset Management experience including experience managing large enterprise agreements of such software vendors (Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe) in a complex organization or higher education environment;
- Experience with software compliance audits;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make quality decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; and
- Relevant industry certifications related to the position or other relevant discipline including: IAITAM Certifications such as Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM), Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM), ITIL v3 Foundation Certification.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02858z at ; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-02-06