Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Accounting Associate/Procurement Card (P-Card) Administrator
The George Mason University Purchasing and Accounts Payable Office is seeking a full-time Accounting Associate/Procurement Card (P-Card) Administrator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This position will serve as the primary contact with the commonwealth of Virginia, university personnel, and external clients for all P-Card-related issues, including the explanation of purchasing and payment policies, procedures and regulations. Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing oversight and day-to-day administration of the university P-Card program; and serving as program administrator and primary contact with department heads, faculty and staff to advise on the program and how to implement the use of the P-Card program within their department;
- Serving as the primary liaison to the Department of Accounts (DOA) and Bank of America (BOA) Visa to oversee the program administration and resolve issues;
- Assisting Mason departments and vendors regarding university and state policies and procedures, and conducting audits to ensure compliance;
- Processing applications for new cards to university staff and faculty, and ensuring that they have completed the required training programs;
- Managing account setup, closure, account limitations and controls (e.g., dollar amount and merchant category code restrictions), and performing routine account maintenance;
- Updating policies, procedures, forms and training materials relating to the P-Card Program; and conducting training/workshops on cardholder responsibilities, restrictions and required document submissions associated with the P-Card Program;
- Reconciling individual accounts and BOA monthly master statement, and submitting reports to DOA as required; and
- Troubleshooting issues encountered with the P-Card program.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to quickly understand and resolve complex technical problems;
- Outstanding technical writing skills with the ability to create instructions, user guides and trainings; and
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- A bachelorâ€™s degree in accounting, or a combination of education and experience;
- Previous experience working with a purchasing and Enterprise resource planning (ERP) system;
- Previous experience working with a P-Card program;
- Previous experience in a higher education environment; and
- A career interest in accounting, procurement, or supply chain.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02139z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :