Athletic Trainer Resident
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : $23,660 annually
Web Announcement :
Athletic Trainer Resident
George Mason University, Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for two full-time, 12-month administrative faculty positions for Athletic Training Residents. George Mason University is a NCAA Division I institution and a member of the Atlantic-10 Athletic Conference. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Athletic Trainer Resident is primarily responsible for the medical coverage of collegiate athletic practices, travel with sports teams, and coverage of sport events as assigned by the Sports Medicine Coordinator.
In addition, the Athletic Training Resident will engage in educational programs and experiences to develop their knowledge base. The primary sports responsibility will be determined by the Sports Medicine Coordinator.
- Advanced degree (MA/MS/equivalent education) in related field at time of employment;
- NATABOC certification (National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification) and eligibility for Virginia licensure;
- Virginia Board of Medicine license required at date of employment;
- Current professional rescuer certification in CPR/AED
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills and knowledge as well as the ability to work with electronic medical record keeping systems and other computer databases are required.
- Ability to work weekend and non-traditional work hours.
- Candidates also must possess the ability to lift objects of approximately 75 pounds.
- Candidates must possess a valid drivers license. Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in intercollegiate and/or professional athletics
- Candidates who possess manual therapy based certifications may be preferred.
Position is a term position from 1 Aug 2019 to 15 May 2021.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA58Ez at http://jobs.gmu.edu complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :