This position aids in the administration of the Main Campus with respect to financial and personnel operations by supporting 8+ staff in Main Campus Finance (MCF) and 20+ Senior and Area Business Managers, as well as the Office of Assessment and Decision Support (OADS) and the Main Campus Office of Academic Appointments (MCOAA). This position serves as the first point of contact, office manager, and administrative officer for the Satellite Office of the Provost at 3307 M Street. This position manages the document and authorization process, reconciliation of financial transactions in assigned areas and initiating transactions in the Georgetown Management System (GMS). Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supports and manages MCF office.
- Financial and administrative support for the Satellite Office of the Provost - MCF, OADS and MCOAA.
- Ad hoc administrative support, reporting, special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Support the Main Campus CFO in special assignments, reports, meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in managing a small office and experience in general administrative and business operations
- Constantly evolving to address new challenges and tasks
- Specific areas of responsibilities are shifted between the members of Main Campus Finance to accommodate workloads
- Constant re-prioritization of duties and responsibilities is a key to success. Consequently, a flexible approach to the work is necessary.
- Ability to see where day-to-day financial issues affect long-term issues, and vice-versa
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.