Campus Business Manager
Campus Business Manager (CBM)
The Campus Business Manager (CBM) position aids in the overall administration of the Main Campus by serving as a Business Manager on the Main Campus Finance team. Reporting to the Campus Director for Financial Operations, this position is responsible for ensuring that all financial transactions routing through the system for Main Campus Academic Support Units are in compliance with promulgated University policies and business processes and are coded correctly to ensure meaningful financial reporting for senior administrators.
This position will provide a broad range of customer service, operational and financial support by serving as the Financial Reviewer and Cost Center Buyer within GMS Financials for the Main Campus. This position will also serve as a backup to the Campus Human Resource Coordinator (GMS Human Resource Contact) and the other Campus Business Manager. In addition to serving as the primary resource regarding interpretations of Main Campus and University policies and procedures, this position will also participate in financial reconciliations, performance monitoring, analysis and problem resolution involving financial, administrative, and policy matters affecting Main Campus. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Review and recording of financial transactions for Main Campus Academic Support Units.
- Process and execute contracts, purchase orders and expense and travel reimbursements for Main Campus Academic Support Units.
- Account reconciliation and periodic reporting of metrics and assessment of data integrity.
- Ongoing business process improvements and other financial and business duties, such as:
- Serve as Lead PCI Coordinator for Main Campus units whose volume (per Financial Affairs' policy) is not large enough to have their own PCI coordinator. PCI Coordinator ensures policy and procedures are followed which includes ensuring revenue is reconciled, quarterly audit workbooks are up to date, those handling credit card information have completed training, etc.
- Continually assess and suggest improvements to realize operational efficiencies.
- Assist with collection of information requests from Financial Affairs.
- Assist with scheduled inventory of capital equipment, ensure that the location of capitalized equipment is correctly recorded in GMS, and notify Financial Affairs if capital equipment is disposed of.
- Monitoring and management of the MCF email inbox and hand-delivered documents for review and processing, as needed. Provide administrative support (scheduling, document preparation, meeting set up, etc.) as needed
- Serve as a backup to the Campus HR Coordinator and other Campus Business Manager.
- 4 to 5 years of experience in accounting, purchasing and expense reporting and performing account reconciliations
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with little supervision
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.