Senior Meeting Planner
Job Summary/Company: A well- established privately owned consulting firm focusing on strategic planning and logistics management in the federally funded health and human service space seeks a Senior Conference Planner to manage all activities from A to Z for conference of 1,500 people. Ideal candidate has strong conference management skills, internal and external communication skills and business acumen.
- Planning, coordinating and executing meeting, conferences, webinars and exhibits
- Managing full conference and event life-cycle requirements, including site selection and contract negotiation, vendor pricing and selection, hotel and venue coordination and oversight, travel coordination and all meeting and administrative support
- Managing the day-to-day planning and execution of concurrent events
- Developing and managing event-related budgets
- Supervising logistics staff
- Consistent communication and collaboration with clients in a professional manner
- Balancing priorities, meeting tight deadlines, and producing superior deliverables
- Ensuring project documents are accurate, complete, current, and archived appropriately
- At least 5+ years of meeting/conference planning experience
- Experience in government meeting and conference planning, including working knowledge of the FARs
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Experience with Cvent is preferred
- CMP/CGMP designation required
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.