Structural Engineering Group, Inc., an established Design-Build and Engineering firm based in Loudoun County, Virginia, is currently seeking a Construction Superintendent. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who applies his (her) knowledge, skills and experience to manage the construction of design-build and design-bid-build projects. Applicants should be self-motivated, able to work independently, be willing to take on new challenges, and able to manage the cradle-to-grave aspects of the entire life-cycle of a commercial and/or institutional project.
Successful candidates must meet following criteria:
- AS degree in Construction Management or similar, or a Journeyman status in a building trade (i.e., Carpenter) AND no less than 5 years of progressive responsibility supervising construction OR
minimum 10 years’ experience in the construction industry with a commercial and/or institutional general contractor engaged in general building and concrete construction.
- Demonstrated understanding of construction means and methods associated with the renovation and construction of commercial and institutional buildings, including structural repairs.
- Ability to organize time and resources to meet deadlines without sacrificing safety or quality.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with subcontractors.
- A working knowledge of civil, architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical work in order to understand subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with computer software such as MS Office and Project, Email and other software used in the construction industry for daily project documentation.
- Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30, 1st Aid and CPR.
- Current USACE/NAVFAC CQMC certification.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Applicants must be able to pass a background check.
Base Salary + Bonus
Medical and Dental Insurance
Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
401 K Retirement / Profit Sharing Plan
Company Fleet Vehicle