International Affairs Policy Analyst
Occasional travel - 10% or less overnight travel is required to attend site visits, conferences, meetings and/or training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- If you are a current federal employee, appointed under this special hiring authority, you will be given a new appointment.
- You will be required to serve a mandatory one (1) year probationary period unless you meet the exceptions in 5 CFR part 315.802.
- You must possess and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, or equivalent Top Secret clearance, and must possess or be able to obtain a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance for this position.
- You may be required to complete a Financial Disclosure Statement.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Specialized Experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
To qualify for the GS-12 grade level, your online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service.
GS-11: A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-09) in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as: (a) conducting or participating in administrative and management studies and evaluations to make recommendations for improvements to policies, procedures, processes related to foreign investments; and (b) using automated information systems to input, extract, and manipulate data to develop reports, studies, or briefing materials.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: Completion of education in the amounts shown below is qualifying at the GS-11 grade level only if it provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work of the position.
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.M., which provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work.
Combination of education and experience as described above.
"Experience" refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
There's no positive education requirements for this position.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- New employees to the Department of Energy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- If you believe that you are eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), please visit the OPM ICTAP/CTAP website for more information. In order to be considered under the ICTAP program, your application must score within the pre-established "well qualified" category as stated in the Qualifications section.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
EEO Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/EEO_Policy_Statement
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Reasonable_Accommodation_Policy_Statement
Veterans Information: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Veterans_Information
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This position is announced under a new special hiring authority to fill positions in support of the Department’s responsibilities (50 U.S. Code § 4565 (k)) as a Member of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS). Under this special hiring authority, all applicants who meet the Education (if applicable) and Qualification requirements listed in this announcement, at the grade level they are applying, will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration.
Veteran's Preference, category rating, and traditional rating and ranking of applicants does not apply.
If you are eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, you must meet minimum qualifications for the position to be referred for consideration.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible' or 'not qualified'.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Q Access Authorization Drug test required Yes