Geneneral Administrative Supervisor I/Coordinator I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Ticket Office Manager, Hylton Performing Arts Center
Open to current George Mason University employees only.
The George Mason University, College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA), Hylton Performing Arts Center seeks qualified candidates for the position of Ticket Office Manager. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Ticket Office Manager provides leadership to the ticket office staff to handle all day-to-day and event operations of the Hylton Centerâ€™s ticket office. This is a full-time, benefited position. The position reports to the General Manager of the Hylton Center, and maintains a close working relationship with other members of the marketing/ticket office department of CVPA. Duties include:
- Overall supervisory and management responsibility for the operation of all ticket office functions, instilling in the staff the value of exceptional customer service. Oversee all functions of ticket operations, including subscription, group and single ticket sales using all sales outlets: ticket office, phone sales, and online sales;
- Oversee the hiring, training and supervision of all ticket office staff. Supervision of 1 full time and up to 15 part time staff responsible for cash handling and customer service. Direct division of workload to meet the HPAC needs while maintaining the highest levels of customer service;
- Oversee the processing, reconciling and depositing of daily sales receipts, using University systems, procedures and guidelines, including all ticket and merchandise sales. Ensure all event reconciliations occur in a timely manner and information is delivered to finance department;
- Event creation and management within the ticketing system. Act as the primary coordinator for event and season ticket creation in Tickets.com- Provenue ticketing system for Hylton Performing Arts Center; and
- Primary contact for all HPAC clients using Provenue ticketing system for their events. Responsible for creation and accurate input of ticketing information. Coordinating with clients on all special promotions including third party ticket sales such as Goldstar and Groupon. Ensure post event reconciliation is completed and delivered to appropriate finance department personnel for processing. Required Qualifications:
- Substantial supervisory experience, preferably in a computerized ticket environment in a university setting;
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated experience with computerized ticketing; and
- Understanding of and appreciation for the performing arts.
Preferred Qualifications: * Bachelors degree in business, or a combination of education and experience
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09524z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by January 22, 2019; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-01-23