Public Relations and Marketing Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience. Salary will not exceed the mid 40s.
Web Announcement :
Communications and Assessment Manager
The George Mason University, Student Centers invites applications for the position of Communications and Assessment Manager. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The position is responsible for the coordination and management of all marketing, communication, web content management, social media engagement, and branding initiatives of Student Centers. This position will also be responsible for collaborating with staff to develop a marketing strategic plan to promote the foundation and attract donors for the newly formed Student Center Foundation. The Communication and Assessment Manager will play a key role in developing the departmentâ€™s assessment initiatives, key performance indicators, and reporting. The manager will also participate and co-lead department trainings and supervision of student wage employees who will support these responsibilities. This position reports to the Associate Director of Building Services and Program Development.
- A bachelorâ€™s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of the bachelorâ€™s degree requirement;
- Experience in higher education assessment practices and key performance indictor tracking and reporting;
- Strong communication (written and verbal);
- Analytical and organizational skillsâ€”with attention to detail and ability to set and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects at one timeâ€”are essential skill sets;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Windows, Linux and Macintosh OS (P); and in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox Web browsers;
- Demonstrated experience supervising student wage and part-time wage experience preferred;
- Must be able to continuously expand oneâ€™s knowledge about technology and methods supportive of Student Center management processes; and
- Intermediate level experience of web development work, graphic design, social media management, content writing, some of which includes working closely with non- technical clients.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09550z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. It is strongly suggested that you attach the optional writing sample(s) and/or publication samples.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in 198 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at job.gmu.edu!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-02-17