Quality Assurance Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
20% Establish and manage an effective quality assurance program across all teams in IT as well as with key users in various departments. Define policies and protocols, develop frameworks, promote culture and systematize best practices. Research and recommend tools and protocols for embedding quality into the development and release process. Effectively integrate QA cycles into development sprints.
60% Design, develop and execute manual and automated testing with a focus on both application-based and data-based automated smoke, functional and regression testing. Interpret and report testing results and verify defects.
20% Develop and maintain detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans; define required test data sets. Recommend and standardize testing plans across applications. Work with end users to assist them in designing and documenting user acceptance tests and collecting results (bugs).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role
- 3+ years of Software QA automation experience working with any of the following technologies: Java, Java Script, Python, PERL, etc. Experience developing test suites in automation tools: Selenium, Ranorex, Testing-Whiz, TestComplete, Cucumber, etc.
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Experience working with an Agile development team and project management experience is a plus.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Strong desire to achieve operational excellence and efficiency through technology-oriented, process-oriented, data-driven, and systematic solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Enjoy detailed-oriented work.
- Excellent logical/analytical aptitude is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including the ability to effectively communicate to non-technical audiences regarding technical matters
- Proven ability to build productive relationships with technical and non-technical users; pleasant, positive outgoing manner and solution oriented attitude.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation's cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan. Back Email Apply Now