Junior Staff Accountant
Sparks Group is in search of a Staff Accountant for an award-winning IT Services company in McLean, VA. This person will be responsible for the general ledgers and accounts payable, billings, payroll, time collection, and the upkeep of Costpoint accounting software. This position will primarily be responsible for the Accounts Payable function and must be knowledgeable of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Cost Accounting Standards and Principles.
- Experienced in accurately submitting accounts payable invoices and expense reports.
- Generating ACH and manual check vouchers.
- Collaborating with employees and vendors concerning any invoice and payment issues.
- Assisting the Accounting Team with daily, monthly and year-end procedures of the Accounting/ Finance Department including audits, budget review and analysis.
- Generate standard accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses
- Assist with filing and file maintenance.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Accounting, Finance or Business preferred).
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and resolutions.
- Good understanding of accounting theory.
- Highly detail oriented, accurate and organized in work.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.