Director of Education
The Director of Education is a high-level management position responsible for the development of integrated curricula and programs that enhance the professional development and expertise of Destinations International members. Position will direct initiatives to curate and design cutting edge educational opportunities for an annual convention, summit meetings, certification programs and online opportunities.
- Working with the EVP for Professional Development and Meetings to develop a comprehensive educational strategy for the association.
- Developing and implementing professional development plans and programs that incorporate the best practices in adult learning behavioral science.
- Content development for Destinations International conventions, summits and online learning opportunities, including managing a call for papers program and review process with volunteer committees.
- Serve as primary liaison for speakers to invite, confirm, negotiate and manage educational requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Meetings, Associate Director of Meetings, and Certification and Program Manager for speaker confirmations, speaker requirements, onsite speaker needs and program delivery
- Managing the evaluation process for programs, including assessment and reporting, working alongside with the Certification and Program Manager the Certified Destination Management Executive (CDME) and Professional in Destination Management (PDM) programs and certifications.
- Identifying trends in adult learning and analyzing feedback from all programs to implement into future planning and activities.
- Oversight of candidate selection and certification progress processes for all application-based programs.
- Oversight of association certification program curricula including faculty, speakers and content.
- Oversight of accreditation activities including calculating credits, providing certificates of participation, and ensuring proper record keeping.
- Support of the Destinations International mission and vision, and participating in creating a culture of leadership and collegiality within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, or related area is required.
- Five or more years of experience in education program management and delivery, with preferred experience in the not-for-profit, professional association or travel and tourism industries.
- Experience with certification environments and requirements including developing new courses and products.
- Prefer candidates with interest in disruptive educational strategies.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects in stressful and time sensitive environments.
- Exceptional verbal, written, active listening and interpersonal skills.
- Proven customer service abilities for both internal and external customers.
- Strong writing skills with strong proof-reading skills; high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be capable of advocating for the Organization’s mission and department goals.
- Be willing to reside in the Washington D.C. area and work in an office environment full time.
- Willingness and capability to travel 15-20 times per year both domestically and internationally as necessary.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to:
jchan @ destinationsinternational.org. Please include the job title “Director of Education” in the subject line of your email.