Intellectual Property Docketing Specialist
The Practice Support Services Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for an Intellectual Property Docketing Specialist in the Washington, DC office. The Specialist is responsible for assisting the IP Docket Manager in facilitating actions required to efficiently operate the intellectual property docket department by performing the day-to-day duties and functions relating to supervising the patent and trademark dockets.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Date stamping all incoming mail and emails.
• Docketing all US and foreign patent and trademark prosecution mail.
• Processing accurate data input of deadlines and other relevant docket information in the firm’s CPA Inprotech system.
• Reviewing the accuracy of US Patent & Trademark Office and other documents (e.g. correctness of inventor names, filing dates, priority applications) and directing attorneys’/law clerks’ attention to errors requiring correction.
• Establishing future deadlines and alerting attorneys to deadlines as appropriate.
• Preparing docket and status reports for attorney and/or client review upon request.
• Notifying and following up as appropriate with attorneys and other personnel regarding applicable deadlines to be cleared from the dockets.
• Reviewing PTO filings for accuracy, clearing the daily docket and establishing the next set of status and/or deadline dates, and coordinating deliveries to the Patent & Trademark Office with courier service.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of three (3) years of prior US and foreign patent and trademark prosecution docketing experience.
• Prior experience with CPA Inprotech a plus.
• Strong MS Word skills and familiarity with Outlook.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a busy office environment.
• Availability and willingness to work overtime hours.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our Firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity