Coordinator, Membership Administration
Coordinator, Membership Administration
WICT is a dynamic diversity organization that develops women leaders who transform the media industry. Based in Washington, DC, we operate under the core philosophy that advancing the position and influence of women through proven leadership development programs and services enriches companies and our industry overall.
- Salary, determined by experience and fit
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K with employer match after six months
- Life, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Bonus program
VP, Member & Chapter Development
Full time, hourly, qualifies for overtime
As the Coordinator of Membership Administration you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Member and Chapter Development department.
- At least two years’ experience in office administration/data entry, and a high energy level.
- Well-spoken with strong verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with members and companies.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to follow up on tasks sent to chapter leaders and staff members.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills such as mail merges in Word, Excel reports with formulas, and Powerpoint presentations with pictures, graphs, and charts.
- High level of rigor and work standards; quality conscious with strong proof-reading skills; high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Some travel required.
- College degree is required.
- Excellent verbal/written communications and listening skills are also required. An interest in women’s leadership issues is highly beneficial.
- High comfort level with database software programs.
- Strong work ethic and high energy level.
- Professional demeanor with excellent customer service.
- Thrives in and adapts easily to change; flexible and nimble in the face of change.
- Comfortable in both formal and informal environments where teamwork, accessibility, and pragmatism are emphasized.
You’ll Love It Here If:
- You love television.
- You like wearing multiple hats and thrive in a rapid paced environment which constantly evolves and presents new and exciting challenges every day.
- You want to become an expert in whatever you set your mind to.
- You are constantly reading, listening and watching the world around you for inspiration and guidance.
- You seek our answers to problems and won’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and dig in when needed.
This position is expected to provide excellent administrative support to the Member and Chapter Development department.
- Database & Membership Management
- Perform data entry, including new members, renewing members, prospects and corporate records as needed. Also, review returned items, including mail pieces and emails and update records accordingly.
- Produce accurate reports from the database system.
- Generate and produce accurate invoices for renewals and group billing; produce invoices or letters in coordination with various membership campaigns.
- Track supplies for printed membership/chapter needs and reprint as needed.
- Customer Service
- Respond to all phone calls/messages within 24 hours in a professional manner.
- Prepare and distribute bi-monthly chapter reports.
- Articulate WICT’s vision and mission and cross-sell programs to callers when appropriate.
- Offer website support to members.
- Travel several times per year in support of WICT’s chapters.
- Member and Chapter Projects
- Manages specific departmental areas of the website.
- Support chapter websites hosted on the WICT Global platform.
- Review chapter marketing materials for branding consistency and clarity of messaging.
- Manage WICT’s collection and storage of chapter documentation in support of the Model Chapter Business Plan.
- Assist in developing and implementing membership campaigns as directed, including generating lists and managing email distribution through Exact Target/Salesforce.
- General Office Support
- Know how to operate office equipment.
- Serve as a backup for incoming calls on the main telephone number and for staffing the reception desk as needed.
- Enter meetings and special event registrations into the database.
- Maintain a cooperative and close working relationship with staff, the chapter network, and WICT membership and volunteers.
Working for WICT comes with its own set of expectations – whether it’s the work we produce or the culture that we embody we expect each other to deliver. That means we show up every day caring about the lives we impact through our educational offerings and professional development opportunities. It means knowing when we can do better, when we need to learn more, when we need to lean on our team for ideas and answers, and knowing when we need to step up. We don’t expect perfection, we expect awareness and commitment.
We believe in the ever-changing, the ever-evolving and the ever-growing – both for our members and for each of our team members. Our culture is collaborative and cross-departmental with real time feedback. It may not be for everyone but those who appreciate such a work environment thrive here. Individual responsibilities may be tweaked from time to time as our industry shifts and evolves.
We are passionate about growing an open, respectful culture that is nurturing towards professional goals and personal development of each member. This means everyone is comfortable giving and receiving direct communication about what is going well, and where there is room for improvement.