Event Coordinator/Sales Associate
Leading Authorities Inc., one of the nation’s most prominent speakers bureaus with a multi-faceted portfolio, is seeking a full-time Event Coordinator/Sales Associate. Our mission is to help organizations create powerful meeting experiences and messages using high profile talent, entertainment and production. This position is based in our Washington, DC office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Event Coordinator your role is to create a positive customer experience by liaising with clients and talent to expertly coordinate logistics. Logistics responsibilities include contract review, talent management and support, booking travel, coordinating conference calls and creating detailed accurate itineraries for talent and clients.
In addition, this individual will have a sales associate role, supporting one of the partners at the company. Sales support responsibilities include drafting contracts, assisting with proposals for clients and other administrative tasks as assigned.
Other responsibilities include covering company phone lines approximately two hours weekly, and performing other projects as assigned.
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
Qualified candidates must have:
- a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in communications, marketing, events, hospitality or related discipline
- at least 2-3 years professional work experience in an office environment,
- the ability to work under tight deadlines and under pressure
- SUPERB organizational and teamwork skills
- A strong sense of responsibility
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- strong computer skills including Word and Excel (experience with CRM is preferred)
- Experience working with events, event management or travel
- Fast problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to change
- The ability and willingness to be on-call during nights and weekends for travel related emergencies
Additionally, in our line of work, it is very important that candidates be extremely detail-oriented as well as discrete and professional.
Compensation & Benefits
Leading Authorities’ compensation includes a base salary, quarterly bonuses and monthly commissions on speaker book sales. Additional compensation includes 401(K) plan and profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, life and disability insurance. Work hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm and employee will need to perform occasional overtime.
This position is based in our Washington, DC headquarters. Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Washington, DC, close to the Farragut North and West Metro Stations. Visit www.leadingauthorities.com for additional company information.
Interested applicants should e-mail their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Event Coordinator in the subject line.