Programming Coordinator (Television & Radio)
Fairfax Public Access is looking to fill an opening for the Programming Coordinator within the Programming Department at the station located in Fairfax, VA. We are looking for hard-working, dedicated and highly skilled individual who is willing to contribute to this growing community television and radio station that serves Fairfax County and the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Weekend and evening availability is required. Please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration. Please do NOT call about this position.
Title: Programming Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Programming
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (Full-time Salaried)
Position Overview: Responsible for programming database maintenance, departmental correspondence, tape library organization and upkeep. Serves as a key liaison between master control operators and programming, along with maintaining key relationships with producers regarding programming matters.
- Prepare all programming correspondence and maintain appropriate logs and files.
- Coordinate return of tapes to producers and maintain accurate records of tape library.
- Maintain database entries and other administrative work.
- Assist in scheduling programs and elements appearing on Channels 10, 30, 36 and 37 on an as needed basis.
- Assist with flow of work in programming and master control.
- Maintain liaison with producers regarding programming matters and questions.
- Has good knowledge of FPA’s programming goals, guidelines and all station policies and procedures.
- Support and substitute for Master Control on an as needed basis.
- Research other data as required.
- Fulfill other duties as requested by Program Director.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Work experience may be used in lieu of education.
Expertise Required: Strong computer literacy and organizational skills. Solid knowledge of radio and television production equipment and technical standards. Good interpersonal skills, calm disposition, and ability to make good judgments under pressure. Ability to meet work schedule requirements with highest reliability and consistency. Broad knowledge of proprietary software systems and ability to move smoothly between multiple computer platforms. At least 1 years’ experience in station operations/programming/support.
Preferred Skills: Fluency in Spanish or other languages a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Some knowledge of video/audio editing, graphics creation and HTML and web design.