Interdisciplinary Microbiologist/Physical Scientist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service:
- Expertise within a bio-medical science and engineering discipline in order to recognize the significance and implications of research in these disciplines for the DoD.
- Knowledge of DoD and NATO policy regarding international cooperative RDT&E.
- Knowledge regarding Security Cooperation, Security Assistance, or International Armaments Cooperation procedures as a means to match requirements to appropriate international engagement methods.
- Effectively leading diverse teams challenged to assess a wide variety of scientific and technical activities and recommend courses of action for a leader's decision.
- Communicating technical and programmatic issues to technical and non-technical audiences of varying position levels and background.
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service:
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise within a bio-medical science and engineering discipline in order to recognize the significance and implications of research in these disciplines for the DoD.
- Knowledge of DoD and NATO policy regarding international cooperative RDT&E in order to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise regarding Security Cooperation, Security Assistance, and International Armaments Cooperation procedures as a means to match requirements to appropriate international engagement methods.
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise in effectively leading diverse teams challenged to assess a wide variety of scientific and technical activities and recommend courses of action for a leader's decision.
- Demonstrated expertise and effectiveness in communicating technical and programmatic issues to technical and non-technical audiences of varying position levels and background.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
These series have a minimum education requirement:
0403 Series: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0400/microbiology-series-0403/
1301 Series: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1300/general-physical-science-series-1301/
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) unofficial transcripts are acceptable at time of application, or (2) If you are serviced by the office filling this position and your transcripts are on file in your official personnel folder, you are not required to submit. However, it is your responsibility to ensure transcripts are on file.
All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours that your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: Foreign Education
This is an Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (AT&L) Workforce in the Science and Technology Manager career field, with additional International Acquisition Career Path training requirements.The incumbent will be required to become certified, Level II, in the applicable career field within 24 months, unless a Position Requirements Waiver is approved to extend the 24 months.The incumbent must obtain a minimum of 80 continuous learning points (CLPs) for every 2 year CLP period, with a goal of at least 40 annually.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at:
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant work experiences.
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.
For information on entitlement see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .