Policy and Planning Specialist I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University, School of Business invites applications for the position of Data Analyst. The Data Analyst supports the School of Businessâ€™s core activity in capturing and analyzing data on a variety of School of Business data points and metrics including faculty, students and staff. The Data Analyst will aid in data management related to assessment data for curriculum, co-curriculum, student services, and student engagement and satisfaction. The Data Analyst will work closely with the Director in building capacity for analytics, assessment, and research initiatives within the School. This is a full-time classified staff position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Data Analyst position has responsibilities in the following areas: Research and Analysis:
- Conduct appropriate statistical and qualitative analysis methods to address research, assessment, and evaluation questions and goals.
- Develop and conduct in-depth analysis of institutional key performance indicators and associated measures for students, faculty and staff.
- In conjunction with the director, perform analysis of course schedule, faculty utilization, and key performance metrics.
- Assist the director in compiling, computing, and submit rankings information to the appropriate publication. Assessment:
- Generate research and evaluation reports that are clear, concise, and help act towards continuous improvement and other goals.
- Assist in the analysis of School key performance indicators Aid in the oversight and oversight assessment data including assurance of learning, curriculum assessment, student engagement and satisfaction as well as co-curricular programs and student services oversight of the Assurance of Learning (AoL) process, including working with faculty committees, departments, programs, and other faculty groups in coordination and implementation of the AoL plan.
- Ensure that data report is complete and accurate in university systems such as TK20 on an annual basis. Analytics and Visualization:
- Develop data visualization resources and strategic to increase access to and strategic use of data within the School of Business.
- Aid in the utilization of Qualtrics including the ability to develop and disseminate survey research.
- Help the Director adopt and implement analytics practices in the School of Business including the ability to understand current tools that are offered at the university with analytics capabilities, apply those tools to Business School students, and working with the appropriate constituents to design interventions aimed at improve key student success metrics such as learning, academic achievement, student satisfaction and engagement, student retention and graduation rates. Accreditation Related Activities:
- Conduct analysis on faculty impact including faculty contributions.
- Working with the Director, aid projects that have accreditation implications including AACSB, SACS and other accreditation that the school may pursue in the future.
- Perform market and benchmarking analysis on current trends in the accreditation space. Special Projects:
- Execute special projects as outlined by as assigned by the Director of Analytics, Assessment, and Accreditation.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in business, statistics, analytics or other related field, or combination of equivalent education and experience;
- Skills in data analysis, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and critical thinking; and
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of higher education environment.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02800z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. The department will contact candidates directly should additional materials be required. Review of applications will begin after January 28th and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :