Manager, Information Technology
Manager, Information Technology
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for Manager-Information Technology. The position will be responsible for leading, planning, managing, directing and providing the overall stewardship of the IT assets. This position will direct and manage the Information Technology Department charges with performing all aspects of information technology needed to support Fairfax Water business operations and customers, from inception, through planning, to delivery; in addition to developing a comprehensive technological strategy that proactively positions Fairfax Water for future growth and success. Essential functions include:
- Ensures the development of the strategic information technology (IT) plan for Fairfax Water encompassing the enterprise systems currently in use, providing direction in the overall management of Fairfax Water II resources, including budgets, standards and projects.
- Advises senior management and department managers on information technology.
- Manages a portfolio of IT projects and oversees the day-to-day operation of computer system, data center operations, hosting partners, voice and data communication activities and information security and risk management.
- Manages the enterprise-wide investment in information technology assets.
- Conducts research for, provides technical advice to, and responds to requests for information from, the Board of Directors and Fairfax Water management.
- Ensures information technology training is provided for departmental staff to accomplish their duties.
- Evaluates and analyzes network tools and reports to improve performance.
- Negotiates contracts with consultant, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
- Accomplishes information systems staff results by communicating job expectation, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, coaching and counseling employees, initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing a team, making decisions, and setting and achieving targeted goals. In addition, the individual should be a strategic thinker with strong project management and negotiation skills. Experience in enterprise systems (SAP,GIS, and SharePoint preferred).
A Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field, AND 10 years of progressively responsible managerial experience in applying information technology to meet the needs of government organization; or possession of a Master’s degree in information technology, computer science, AND 8 years of progressively responsible managerial experience in applying information technology to meet the needs of a government organization.
Apply online at www.fairfaxwater.org. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. Applications must be received by January 28, 2019. Salary commensurate with relevant experience.
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
“Supplying potable water is an essential human activity, a great responsibility, and a vocation of distinction." - J.B. Mannion, Former AWWA Executive Director