Home Delivery Division Manager
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is hiring a Home Delivery Division Manager in our Customer Care and Logistics department. The position will report to the Director of Operations and Administration and will be responsible for all home delivery distribution in The District of Columbia and Suburban Maryland.
We are interested in reviewing applicants whose management background and experience demonstrates a successful record in coaching, evaluating performance and creating an atmosphere where positive motivation and success thrives. Candidate with 7 to 10 years of circulation management experience are preferred.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of independent agent concept and all facets of circulation and distribution;
- 7-10 years of circulation management experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team setting and resolve issues effectively;
- Ability to motivate employees and independent agents to meet contract requirements and organizational goals;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple demands in a fast-paced environment;
- Good verbal and written skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) strongly preferred.
- Directing a team of Zone Managers and their efforts towards contracting independent newspaper agents;
- Facilitate a culture that is focused on retaining customers:
- Coaching, motivating and providing direction to employees and independent agents;
- Setting employee and independent contractor service and sales objective;
- Oversee the resolution of customer complaints;
- Analyze statistics, predict trends and making performance decision based on available data
- Overseeing day-to-day operational requirements including meeting delivery and service objectives;
- Position is ultimately responsible meeting revenue, expense, service and sales objectives in a geographic area.
DAYS & HOURS: Flexible
NOTE: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described on this posting.