6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Occasional overseas travel to Afghanistan may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your specialized experience, your resume must describe work which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: providing customer service, administrative support, answering telephones, using correct spelling, grammar, format, and the arrangement of materials; and interacting with the public.
- General knowledge of overall SIGAR operations, missions, and organizations to effectively provide administrative support to a senior level official; solid foundation of administrative and protocol concepts and practices as well as strong organizational and office management skills; and exercises judgment and discretion in expeditiously responding to formal assignments, inquiries from other offices, agencies, and correspondence. Ability to absorb large amounts of information on fast-changing issues related to the SIGAR mission, sift through the information as well as prioritize and articulate the information quickly. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing; knowledge of and a high level of skill in the use of office automation systems, equipment, and software to include word processing software, database management, spreadsheets, graphics, electronic mail, and electronic forms are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and have an ability to learn and work effectively with the media as well as with Congressional, Department of Defense and Department of State offices; must be able to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, with a high degree of alertness, good judgment and intelligence. Ability to identify, analyze and develop courses of action and recommendations for resolving management problems.
- Ability to provide accurate and timely information, use correct spelling, grammar, format, and the arrangement of materials and interacting; and will be punctual and maintain excellent attendance.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirements using experience along- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- This position may be considered essential to the overall support of the SIGAR mission. If considered emergency essential, failure to meet emergency essential requirements may result in separation for the efficiency of the Federal Service (Ch. 75, Title 5 USC; FPM Ch. 752).
- This position may require travel to Afghanistan. In support of this travel, the incumbent will be required to meet minimum standards of fitness for deployment to the U.S. Central Command region to include the ability to wear personal protective equipment, including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor, and chemical/biological protective garments.
- Must complete a Form SF312, Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Might have to operate an official vehicle, copy of valid driver's license is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.