Human Resources Director
Occasional travel - Occasional overseas travel to Afghanistan may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe work which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: providing oversight of all civilian personnel advisory services, provides personnel management authority for all human resources programs, and directs internal program planning/evaluation.
- Position requires a comprehensive knowledge of the range of administrative laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the administration of a civilian personnel management program which supports all elements SIGAR operations. Knowledge is used to analyze and evaluate new or modified legislation as it impacts on meeting program goals and objectives. This knowledge is also used to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of current programs and provide recommendations to modify or eliminate a specific program.
- Skill in written and oral communication to prepare and present findings and recommendations, carry out specific actions regarding controversial issues, and/or sell or implement new ideas and concepts.
- A proficient knowledge of the principles, theories and processes of management with a high degree of resourcefulness, ingenuity and inventiveness to analyze and develop recommendations for improvements to the directed programs.
- A broad knowledge of complex, interrelated activity mission, organizations, functions and operations with a comprehensive knowledge of the range of administrative laws, policies, regulations and precedents applicable to the administration of the directed programs. This knowledge is used to assess and evaluate complex program processes and systems, identify and isolate management problems and issues, and develop and coordinate accurate and reasonable plans, proposals and concepts.
- Knowledge of excepted service and the ability to apply a broad range of human resource management skills.
- DOD or Army HR experience highly desired.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirements using experience along- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- This position may be considered essential to the overall support of the SIGAR mission. If considered emergency essential, failure to meet emergency essential requirements may result in separation for the efficiency of the Federal Service (Ch. 75, Title 5 USC; FPM Ch. 752).
- This position may require travel to Afghanistan. In support of this travel, the incumbent will be required to meet minimum standards of fitness for deployment to the U.S. Central Command region to include the ability to wear personal protective equipment, including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor, and chemical/biological protective garments.
- Must complete a Form SF312, Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement.
- Position requires ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. Random drug testing is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.