Supervisory Information Technology Specialist
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education, and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.
NOTE: Applicants must meet time-in-grade and time after competitive appointment requirements, by the closing date of this announcement.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions, per 5CFR 300, Subpart F.
Applicants applying for the GS-15 grade level must meet the following requirements:
Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Provides proposals for new initiatives that include detailed cost analyses and, when appropriate, anticipated public responses.
- Customer Service - Performs project management for new projects, acting as liaison between contract developers (as needed) and internal customers.
- Oral Communication - Interacts with governmental and nongovernmental contacts that includes public affairs, industry, and academy.
- Problem Solving - Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems with the design and delivery of information technology systems and internet services.
Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience providing and/or overseeing the provision of the resolution of technical problems.
- Experience providing technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical IT issues.
NOTE: In order to qualify for this position, your experience MUST be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-15 position.
In addition, applicant's experience must also demonstrate that the candidate possesses the following qualities:
- Ability to assign, review, and supervise the work of others;
- Objectivity and fairness in judging people on their ability, and situations on the facts and circumstances;
- Ability to adjust to change, work pressures, or difficult situations without undue stress;
- Willingness to consider new ideas or divergent points of view; and
- Capacity to "see the job through."
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations@state.gov.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
- Skill in IT Management and Enterprise Architecture.
- Ability to integrate approaches to Information Architecture across an organization.
- Knowledge of information technology specialty areas (e.g., application systems design
- Ability to administer complex procurement/acquisition actions.
- Ability to prioritize and organize your work.
- Ability to manage staff and resources.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume should include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week. For assistance with creating a resume, please click
Qualified candidates are assigned a score between 70 and 100. Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position and earn a score of at least 85 (when applicants are rated in a range of 70 to 100) to receive consideration for special priority.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any required supporting documentation by the closing date of this job opportunity. Your applicant package must contain sufficient information to make a valid determination that you fully meet the basic/specialized experience requirements as stated in this job opportunity announcement for each grade level(s) for which you are applying. Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No