Senior Policy Advisor
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-15, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
-Planning, initiating, and conducting complex and high-priority studies and activities with agency-wide policy recommendations on financial management policies, priorities, and programs; AND
-Providing advice on financial management policies and other activities; AND
-Developing and conducting government-wide communication programs; AND
-Coordinating efforts with internal and external stakeholders in the development of major financial management regulations, policies, and procedures; AND
-Representing an agency in interdepartmental, congressional, or private sector meetings or conferences.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-15, you must have been at the GS-14 level for 52 weeks.
- Factors such as cost effectiveness, labor market conditions and difficulties in filling the position will be reviewed in determining if payment of relocation expenses is in the best interest of the Government.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- This position is a critical sensitive position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation. Periodic reinvestigation is required no later than five years after selection and at least every succeeding five years.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Analytical, and Leadership. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must receive a score of 90or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No