Supply Technician (Motor Vehicle Operator)
50% or less - Business travel may be required up to 30% of the time (6-12 weeks TDY in support of USACC Cadet Summer Training at Fort Knox)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- TDY 30% (Position may require 6-12 weeks TDY in support of USACC Cadet Summer training at Fort Knox).
- Must successfully complete a background investigation
- This position requires a pre- employment physical.
- This position requires a pre-employment drug test.
- This position requires a valid state driver's license.
- This position requires a Lautenberg Amendment.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Hazardous Material Endorsement (HAZMAT).
- May be required to serve as Unit Prevention Leader (UPL), if selected to perform these duties, Command will ensure incumbent completes and maintains training certification.
- Completion of a Unit Armor Course may be required. If selected to perform this duty, the Command will ensure the incumbent completes and maintains the certification Training.
- Completion of Contracting Officer's Representative course may be required. If selected to perform this duty, the Command will ensure the incumbent completes and maintains the Certification Training.
- Moderate lifting of 50 pounds or more is required.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Applicants with current or prior permanent Federal service, must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the second lower grade/level GS-05.To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience at the GS-05 level is defined as: Receipt and storage of supply items, conducting inventories, maintaining physical security of small arms and ammunition, prepare reports to document supply transactions. All other candidates must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level GS-06. Specialized experience at the GS-06 level is defined as: Experience with a governing supply regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions applicable to the unique requirements to plan and execute a supply program.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. Education is not creditable, however, graduate education may be credited in those few instances where the graduate education is directly related to the work of the position.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 13 - Supply Management position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- Employee is required to attend the Acculturation C3PO third week from Entrance on Duty at Fort Knox.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.