Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualifications requirements before the announcement closes.
You must meet all qualification requirements before the announcement closes.
There is no education requirement for this position.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
OPTION FOR ADDITIONAL SELECTIONS: Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Selectees will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: GAO provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request accommodation, please email ReasonableAccommodation@gao.gov.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one or two-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the qualification requirements stated above, you will be further rated based on your responses to the vacancy questions. Please make sure that your responses to the vacancy questions are supported in your resume. Please follow all instructions carefully. If you provide incomplete answers, fail to provide a narrative response to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation, or if your response to a vacancy question is "see resume”, your rating may be affected or you may be determined ineligible.
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Expert knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analytical and evaluation methods and techniques to identify and advise on programs, initiatives, and problems involving GAO program and budget decisions, OMB and Congressional requirements, and statutory regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of program and project planning and analysis techniques to analyze GAO’s financial systems; conduct risk management and internal controls assessments and develop and integrate program objectives and goals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation, federal regulations and guidance that apply to various fields including human capital, information technology, acquisitions, financial reporting and budget execution.
- Ability to interpret and analyze program policies and operations and identify deficiencies and possible remediation strategies.
- Skill in project planning and performance measurement theories to determine impact on program and organization objectives and decision-making.
- Skill in oral and written communication to establish effective working relationships and partnerships, to meet and deal effectively with a wide range of issues and personnel throughout GAO and to present information concerning a wide range of management issues. By way of definition, oral communication may include methods used by employees with disabilities such as sign language interpretation, text-to-speech or TTY technology, and amplification devices.
- Ability to meet and deal with a wide range of personnel, including technical and non-technical representatives from within and outside the agency.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No