Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualifications and requirements BEFORE the closing date of this announcement.
This position requires at least 1 year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower level/band, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. To be creditable, specialized experience is defined as demonstrated expertise in defense auditing and/or program analysis, gained through knowledge of and skill to apply quantitative and qualitative methods, theories, as well as practical engagements.
There is no education requirement for this position.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Some travel may be required.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year or two-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job. If you meet all of the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Please make sure that your responses to the assessment questions are supported in your resume. Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete answers, errors, or omissions may affect your rating. Your rating will be invalid if you fail to include a narrative reply to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation or your reply is "see resume."
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
• Mastery of qualitative and quantitative techniques for analyzing and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of administrative and technical programs.
• Mastery of analytical concepts, principles, and practices related to detailed analysis and documentation to conduct the data collection, review and analysis process of the engagement.
• Knowledge of the mission, organization and work processes of GAO to conduct studies, analyze findings and make recommendations on substantive engagements.
• Skill to conduct detailed analysis of complex functions and work processes to determine what is required to complete the design matrix.
• Skill to select, organize, and present appropriate information in a concise and coherent manner and to communicate such information to targeted audiences. Ability to communicate concepts verbally and in writing to conduct fact finding interviews and make presentations to the target audience. By way of definition, oral communication may include methods used by employees with disabilities such as sign language interpretation, text-to-speech or TTY technology, and amplification devices.
• Ability to conduct research and validate report findings.
• Ability to evaluate the organization, methods, and procedures of an agency to identify data that is relevant to the engagement.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No