IT Specialist (Systems Analysis), GG-2210-14, Census-DE-TW
Occasional travel - Travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
This vacancy is advertised under two different announcements. Read the 'Who May Apply' section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see ADDC-2019-0035, IT Specialist, (Systems Analysis), GG-2210-14, Census-DOC-TW.
Non-Current Career/Career Conditional U.S. Census Bureau Employee: This position may be filled as a Temporary Appointment not to exceed 1 year or 09/26/2020, whichever comes first with the possibility for extension at management's discretion.
A trial period may be required.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cutoff date for referral is December 6, 2018. After this date additional referral list will be created as vacancies are available. This announcement covers multiple positions within the various Directorates of the U.S. Census Bureau through June 28, 2019.
Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate. For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Specialized Experience: For the GG-14, you must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes: leading project teams in advanced systems software/hardware project efforts; functioning as a technical authority in all assignments; preparing business cases for application of IT solutions; developing overall systems and functional requirements and specifications; defining systems scope and objectives; developing cost estimates for new or modified systems; developing contract documentation; and ensuring application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the systems analysis process.
Education cannot be substituted at this grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
The Department of Commerce provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis. TTY users can contact the Human Resources Office via the Federal Relay Service, 1-800-877-8339.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the "gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed.
Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold).
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Ability to determine program needs and resources required to deliver processing applications.
- Skill in requirements gathering and analysis, system design and unit testing.
- Knowledge of various programming and database platforms.
- Ability to develop statements of work and related contract documentation.
- Ability to communicate in person and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with various staff on projects.
For more information on category rating, please go to:
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No