IT Specialist (Systems Analysis), GG-2210-13, Census-DOC-TG
Occasional travel - Travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Read the 'Who May Apply' section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see ADDC-2019-0044, IT Specialist (Systems Analysis), GG-2210-13, Census-DE-TG.
Current Career/Career Conditional U.S. Census Bureau Employee: This is a competitive temporary promotion opportunity not to exceed 1 year or 09/26/2020, whichever comes first with the possibility for extension at management's discretion.
Non-Current Career/Career Conditional U.S. Census Bureau Employee: This is a competitive temporary promotion opportunity not to exceed 1 year or 09/26/2020, whichever comes first with the possibility for extension at management's discretion.
This position will be filled a Term Appointment not to exceed 2 years or 09/26/2020, whichever comes first.
A trial period may be required.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval)
Relocation expenses may not be paid
This is a BARGAINING unit position.
This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cutoff date for referral is December 6, 2018. After this date additional referral list will be created as vacancies are available. This announcement covers multiple positions within the various Directorates of the U.S. Census Bureau through June 28, 2019.
You must have and your resume must detail how you meet the specialized experience AND information technology-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies described below.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Specialized Experience: For the GG-13, you must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes applying analytical processes to plan, design, and implement new and improved information systems to satisfy business requirements of customers; consulting with customers to identify or refine functional requirements and translating functional requirements into technical specifications; implementing software development life cycle processes and procedures; ensuring integration of all systems components (i.e., procedures, databases, policies, software, and hardware); performing needs analyses to define opportunities for new or improved business process solutions; conducting business process reengineering; and monitoring and tracking staff activities to satisfy customer goals and requirements.
Education cannot be substituted for experience at this grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer.
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
The Department of Commerce provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis. TTY users can contact the Human Resources Office via the Federal Relay Service, 1-800-877-8339.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions). Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. The best-qualified candidates will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
Due weight shall be given to performance appraisals and awards in accordance with 5 CFR § 335.103(b)(3), during the interview/selection process conducted by the hiring manager.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Knowledge of project management principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of requirements gathering techniques, SDLC process to translate customer needs into actionable requirements.
- Ability to lead a team, assign work, set priorities, evaluate performance, provide advice, instructions and training to complete projects under deadlines following best practices, IT operational and/or security policies.
- Ability to engage people with multiple levels of technical expertise to solve business problems to manage group member’s expectations, balance individual needs, and develop resolutions that work for an entire group.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No