IT Specialist (Systems Analysis), GG-2210-14, Census-DOC-TW
Occasional travel - Travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Read the 'Who May Apply' section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see ADDC-2019-0033, IT Specialist (Systems Analysis), GG-2210-14, Census-DE-TW.
Current Career/Career Conditional U.S. Census Bureau Employee: This is a competitive temporary promotion opportunity not to exceed 1 year or 09/26/2020, whichever comes first with the possibility for extension at management's discretion.
Non-Current Career/Career Conditional U.S. Census Bureau Employee: This position may be filled as a Temporary Appointment not to exceed 1 year or 09/26/2020, whichever comes first with the possibility for extension at management's discretion.
A trial period may be required.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This position is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cutoff date for referral is December 6, 2018. After this date additional referral list will be created as vacancies are available. This announcement covers multiple positions within the various Directorates of the U.S. Census Bureau through June 28, 2019.
Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate. For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions). Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. The best-qualified candidates will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
Due weight shall be given to performance appraisals and awards in accordance with 5 CFR § 335.103(b)(3), during the interview/selection process conducted by the hiring manager.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies at the full performance level of this position; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Ability to determine program needs and resources required to deliver processing applications.
- Skill in requirements gathering and analysis, system design and unit testing.
- Knowledge of various programming and database platforms.
- Ability to develop statements of work and related contract documentation.
- Ability to communicate in person and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with various staff on projects.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No