Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary (Manpower and Reserve Affairs)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
(1) Demonstrated leadership in the following elements of management in a large, diverse and technically oriented business or industrial activity:
(a) Comprehensive knowledge of Human Resource Policy, Laws, Regulations and Programs.
(b) Ability and experience in developing, implementing and improving human resources management for a large organization with a global mission.
(c) Development of policies and programs to successfully implement human resources (military and federal civilian) and human capital initiatives.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: The following will be used to help rate and rank eligible candidates and must be addressed in the resume.
(1) A complementary assignment, regardless of governmental agency or department, such as finance, program management, strategic planning is highly desirable.
(2) Breadth of experience in multiple organizations (public or private) and at multiple levels.A mix of experience at more than one base/operating location/installation and Major Command (MAJCOM), Combatant Command (COCOM) Headquarters (HQ), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Staff or Secretary of the Air Force (SAF) or Headquarters Air Force (HAF) experience or equivalent academic/industry experience is highly desirable.
(3) Completion of Senior Developmental Education (SDE) and equivalent executive development programs such as the Leadership in a Democratic Society, Senior Executive Fellows, National Security Management, Leadership Assessment and Feedback Seminar, Executive Business Management or equivalent-level courses from other colleges, universities or agencies is highly desirable.
(4) An advanced degree in human resources, public or business administration or related field is highly desirable.
ENTERPRISE PERSPECTIVE: This individual must possess a broad point of view and an awareness and understanding of individual or organizational responsibilities in relation to DoD or government-wide strategic priorities. Executives should demonstrate ability to work with internal and external partners to support national security objectives. This perspective is typically gained through a variety of diverse work experiences. A separate narrative statement is not required. This information should be embedded within the resume.
There is no positive education requirement for this position.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Veterans' preference is not applicable to the SES.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated against the foregoing qualification requirements. Candidates will be evaluated for this position by a screening panel composed of a diverse mix of senior executives selected for organizational and/or functional backgrounds relevant to this position. The panel discusses each application and reaches consensus as to the Best Qualified, Qualified or Not Qualified candidates. Only the Best Qualified candidates are interviewed. The panel will then make a recommendation of those Best Qualified candidates who should be referred to the selecting official, in priority order. Final selection of a candidate is contingent upon the Air Force Executive Resources Board and Under Secretary of the Air Force (USECAF) approval.Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes