7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Domestic and international
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1. You must have experience in a law enforcement position where your primary duties involved investigating, apprehending, or detaining individuals suspected or convicted of offenses against the criminal laws of the United States or protecting the personal safety of United States officials.
2. PROFESSIONAL/TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (PTQs)
- The PTQs describe the necessary professional and technical knowledge, skills, and competencies needed to successfully perform the duties of this position. If you're a federal employee, this level of experience is typically gained as a GS-14 or GS-15.
The PTQs for this position are:
- Describe your experience managing a program responsible for fraud and economic criminal investigations; applying investigative techniques, devices, and procedures; and developing reports to pursue action against fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Describe your experiences in working with professionals from other disciplines in conducting investigations, such as accountants, auditors, hotline managers, and etc.
- Describe your experience in evaluating and implementing organizational law enforcement policy, procedures, and directives that effectively communicate organizational priorities.
3. EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs)
- The ECQs were designed to assess executive experience and potential not technical expertise. They measure whether an individual has the broad executive skills needed to succeed in a variety of SES positions.
The ECQs for this position are:
- Leading Change: Describe your experience bringing about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals, establishing an organizational vision, and implementing it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People: Describe your experience leading people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals, providing an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitating cooperation and teamwork, and supporting constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results Driven: Describe your experience meeting organizational goals and customer expectations, making decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Business Acumen: Describe your experience managing human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions: Describe your experience building coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
4. MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
- If selected, you must pass a pre-employment physical examination and physical readiness test that will assess if you have:
- Manual dexterity with comparatively free motion of finger, wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, and knee joints;
- Arms, hands, legs, and feet that are sufficiently intact and functioning to perform the duties of the position;
- Sufficiently good vision in each eye, with or without correction;
- Near vision, corrective lenses permitted, that is sufficient to read printed material the size of typewritten characters;
- Hearing loss, as measured by an audiometer, that does not exceed 35 decibels at 1000, 2000, and 3000 Hz levels;
- Emotional and mental stability; and
- Any physical condition that would you to be a hazard to yourself or others.
This position does not have education requirements.
ADDITIONAL SELECTIONS: We may use this announcement to make additional selections for similar positions.
CAREER SES APPOINTMENT: You will be eligible for reinstatement to the SES as a career appointee or eligible for noncompetitive transfer to a career SES appointment in the civil service SES under GAO’s interchange agreement with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: GAO provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please email ReasonableAccommodations@gao.gov.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Does not apply to GAO's SES/SL positions.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- Your application will be screened to determine if you meet the requirements listed in the announcement.
- A panel of Senior Executive Service (SES) members will evaluate your executive experience and potential demonstrated in your application.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No