Human Resources Specialist (Classification)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must meet time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. Applicants must have served 1 year at the next lower grade level or equivalent grade level of federal service to qualify for the PG - 13.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Selectee must pass a drug test prior to appointment.
- Selectee may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
- Males born after 12/03/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- Selectee must be able to obtain and main a Public Trust.
- Time in Grade requirements must be met.
You must meet the minimum qualifications specialized experience, and provide two Classification work samples as listed below:
I. Minimum qualifications. To minimally qualify for the PG-13 level, you must meet the below requirement. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select. Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at the PG-12 (or equivalent) level or higher. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Exercising Delegated Authority to determine title, series, and grade levels of positions for general schedule, and blue collar/wage grade positions;
- Preparing evaluation statements; and
- Evaluating position management in an organization and providing assistance to supervisors and operating officials on ways to improve structure, work distribution, and the use of employee skills to support strategic goals and initiative of the Agency. AND
- General Schedule classification work sample ( #1). Please provide a work sample of a General Schedule position that you classified including the evaluation statement. (Note: You must include your work sample as a separate attachment to your resume, or you will be given no further consideration for this position).
- Blue Collar/wage grade classification work sample (#2). Please provide a work sample of a Blue Collar/wage grade position that you classified, including the evaluation statement). (Note: You must include your work sample as a separate attachment to your resume; if not submitted, you will be given no further consideration for this position).
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement (02/01/2019) to be considered.
Substitution of education in lieu of specialized experience may not be used for this grade level.
If you have separated from Federal Government employment, you may obtain a copy of your SF-50 via: National Personnel Records Center, Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL, 62295; FAX - 618-935-3014; or visit the National Archives Website.
Work Life Balance:
The GPO offers Transit subsidy for commuters using public transportation (Metro Bus/Rail, MARC, VRE, etc.).
This position is also eligible for telework, flexible work schedule, and leave credit for private sector employment.
To ensure the accomplishment of its mission, the GPO requires every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully completed a background investigation for a Public Trust type clearance. This review could include financial issues such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs. Depending on the type of background investigation required, the security process may take between 6 weeks to 12 months.
The Agency may rescind the tentative offer, if the candidate is unable to obtain an interim clearance.
Schedule A (Disability Appointment):
Documentation of eligibility for employment under Schedule A can be obtained from a licensed medical professional (e.g., a physician or other medical professional certified by a state, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory to practice medicine); a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (i.e., state or private); or any Federal agency, state agency, or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits. The letter must be printed on a "medical professional's" letterhead and signed.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process you must contact the HC Specialist on the vacancy announcement at least seven business days before the closing date of this announcement to receive assistance. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required; and on the extent to which your application shows that you possess the competencies associated with this position. To determine if you are qualified for the job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation may be made and compared against your responses to the vacancy questionnaire. You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the questionnaire. Your rating is based on both your responses to the questionnaire and information stated in your application. Please make sure that your self-ratings are supported by information in your application. The Human Capital Specialist may verify your qualifications and self-ratings during the application and selection process through quality review, interview questions, work samples, demonstrations, reference checks, and other means. Inflated qualifications may result in you being excluded from further consideration for this position.
You will be further evaluated on the following Competencies required for the position.
- Analytical, qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Customer Service.
- Design and conduct comprehensive Human Resources studies, projects, and develop best practices.
- Position classification and position management.
- Written Communication.
We DO NOT require a separate narrative statement responding to the competencies, however your resume must CLEARLY show possession of these competencies.
If you meet the qualifications stated above and you are among the top candidates your application may be referred to the Selecting Official for further review. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No