Director of Contracting
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- Education Requirement: Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Must have at least 24 hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (A separate narrative statement is not required. This information should be embedded within the resume.
- Certification Requirements: This is a Key Leadership Position (KLP), which carries significant responsibility, primarily involving supervisory or managerial duties in acquisition. A 3-year tenure agreement is required for the position. The selectee must also meet the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements cited below, unless a waiver is granted by the AF Senior Acquisition Executive (SAE). Please indicate in your resume the level and source of certification or eligibility for certification.
b. 10 years of acquisition experience or equivalent, 4 of which were in a Critical Acquisition Position (CAP) or equivalent position.
B. MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (TQs): A supplemental statement must be submitted separately addressing each TQ. TQs must provide specific examples that address relevant experience and accomplishments. Applicants must reflect superior technical qualifications demonstrated through leadership and management in the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge of contracting theory, laws, principles, and practices in a classified and unclassified contracting environment to include: pre-award of competitive and sole source negotiations; pricing and negotiation of various contract types; administration of contract changes and management of effective business relationships; claims/dispute resolution; contract policy interpretations and application.
- Extensive knowledge of business management environment including leadership in the following: responding to relevant customer requirements; integrating activities/programs with DoD or other Federal agencies; partnering with industry and academia.
- Executive level experience creating sound acquisition strategies at both the programmatic and project level (programs greater than $100M and projects less than $100M).
ECQ 1 - LEADING CHANGE. This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2 - LEADING PEOPLE. This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3 - RESULTS DRIVEN. This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems and calculating risks.
ECQ 4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN. This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5 - BUILDING COALITIONS. This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
In addition, DoD requires an Enterprise Perspective. The individual must possess a broad point of view and an awareness and understanding of individual or organizational responsibilities in relation to DoD or government-wide strategic priorities. Executives should demonstrate ability to work with internal and external partners to support national security objectives. This perspective is typically gained through a variety of diverse work experiences. A separate narrative statement is not required--this information should be embedded within the application package (Resume, Technical Qualifications and Executive Core Qualifications).
4. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: The following will be used to help rate and rank candidates:
1. A Master's degree in business/management is highly desirable.
2. Certification in other related Acquisition discipline (Program Management) is highly desired.
Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Must have at least 24 hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (A separate narrative statement is not required. This information should be embedded within the resume.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated against the foregoing qualification requirements. Failure to meet any one of the mandatory technical or executive core qualification standards will eliminate a candidate from further consideration. A screening panel will evaluate the candidates for this position composed of a diverse mix of senior executives selected for organizational and/or functional backgrounds relevant to this position. The panel members will individually review each of the applications in terms of the qualifications criteria contained in this announcement. The qualifications stated are the minimum requirements of the position to be qualified, a rating schedule will be applied by a screening panel to determine which candidates are considered to be best qualified. Then, they will meet to discuss each application, and reach a consensus decision as to the best qualified, qualified or not qualified candidates. The panel will interview all of the best-qualified candidates based upon consistently applied criteria. The panel will then make a recommendation of those best-qualified candidates who should be referred to the selecting official, in priority order. Final selection of a candidate is contingent upon the Air Force Executive Resources Board, Under Secretary of the Air Force and the Office of Personnel Management approval.Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes