Health System Administrator
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Civilian Employees of the Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Current Civilian Employees of the National Capital Region Medical Directorate
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DoD) Civilian Employee
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience and/or training requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience Requirement: Applicants must demonstrate 1 year of specialized experience in their resume. Specialized experience is defined as: evaluating and identifying problems with healthcare administration issues, such as: evaluating and identifying problems with healthcare administration issues, such as: patient access to care, quality of care, provider availability, cost-effectiveness, etc.; providing recommendations and implementing solutions for the improvement of healthcare programs; developing/revising healthcare processes, systems, clinics, programs, and/or policies; preparing and executing budget plans for the organization; providing supervision, leadership, or oversight over employees and their work; uutilizing automated systems to complete human resource and performance management tasks, such as the Automated Time and Attendance Production System (ATAAPS), Defense Medical Human System Internet (DMHRSi), and the Defense Performance Management Appraisal Program (DPMAP); and utilizing automated healthcare systems, such as the Composite Healthcare System (CHCS) and the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) to perform healthcare administration tasks. This experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade level in the Federal Service, GS-13, or equivalent.
Special Provision for In-service Placement Applicants: If you are an in-service placement applicant (eligible for promotion, reassignment, change-to-lower grade, transfer, reinstatement, re-employment, or restoration) and have successfully completed an agency-sponsored on-the-job training program which included a formal individualized training plan in an operating health care system, you may be able to qualify for this position. The training program must have included: assignments which provided a knowledge of basic health system administration philosophies, practices, and procedures, and basic government administrative policies and requirements; practical assignments which provided an opportunity to apply health system administration skills and principles (as the individual progresses, work assignments must be characteristic of the grade level to which he or she is assigned); and oversight by an experienced health system administrator with periodic evaluation of your progress and appropriate adjustment of the training program. Note: If you meet this training requirement, you must upload a copy of your completed training plan with your application package.
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-13).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Healthcare Operations Administration
Some positions allow applicants to substitute education for the required experience. For this position, applicants must meet the specialized experience requirement or meet the special provision for in-service applicants (above). Education substitution is not allowed.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- One year supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.