Deputy Director Office of Consumer Financial Protection
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Travel may be required to attend or speak at forums and conferences.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes , if you are a current NCUA employee, your relocation expenses are authorized in accordance with NCUA relocation policies. If you are not a current NCUA employee, NCUA will pay to move your household goods in accordance with NCUA's relocation policies.
You must provide specific details in your resume as to how your work experience meets the specialized experience for this position. Please include the month, year, and hours worked for each position held. Failure to provide specific details in your resume may result in an ineligible rating due to not meeting the specialized experience. Ensure that your experience and accomplishments reflect the Executive and Technical Competencies.
EXECUTIVE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs): You must clearly demonstrate in your resume that you possess all the executive qualifications listed below. We recommend that your resume emphasizes your level of responsibilities, the scope and complexity of programs managed, and your program accomplishments, including the results of your actions.
PLEASE NOTE: Although it is not required, applicants are encouraged to address the Executive and Technical qualifications separately.
- Leading Change. This qualification encompasses the ability to develop and implement an organizational vision, which integrates key national and program goals, priorities, values, and other factors. Inherent to it is the ability to balance change and continuity, to continually strive to improve customer service and program performance within the basic government framework, to create a work environment that encourages creative thinking, and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
- Leading People. This qualification involves the ability to design and implement strategies which maximize employee potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the organization's vision, mission and goals.
- Results Driven. This qualification stresses accountability and continuous improvement. It includes the ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies.
- Business Acumen. This qualification involves the ability to acquire and administer human, financial, material, and information resources in a manner which instills public trust and accomplishes the organization's mission, and to use new technology to enhance decision-making.
- Building Coalitions/Communication. This qualification involves the ability to explain, advocate and express facts and ideas in a convincing matter, and to negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally. It also involves the ability to develop an expansive professional network with other organizations, and to identify the internal and external policies that impact the work of the organization.
Knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations relating to consumer financial protection.
This position does not have an education qualification requirement.
SALARY: Salary is set by the NCUA Board, unless delegated to the Executive Director, and is based on the position's and the individual's potential contribution to the agency's overall strategic goals and the executive and technical qualifications of the successful candidate.
In addition to the standard benefits offered by Federal agencies, NCUA offers additional benefits to its employees. These benefits, some at minimal cost, are some of the best and most competitive in both the private and public sectors. More information can be found byclicking here.
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS: You must serve a one-year managerial probationary period if you have not done so.
*SF-50: Current and former federal employees must submit a Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, that indicates grade, status, tenure and the full performance level (FPL) of the position held . Please do not submit an SF-50 for a cash/time off award.
*Note for all current and former Senior Executive Service federal employees: NCUA's SS positions are career positions in the competitive service, therefore you must also submit a Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, from a previous federal position held with permanent tenure in the competitive service (i.e. an SF-50 from a previous GS-15 position). Holding a career SES appointment alone does not give you eligibility to be considered under this announcement. Current SES members will be assessed on both the ECQs and TQs.
SELECTIVE SERVICE: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. You may register or check status of your registration by visiting the Selective Service website at: http://www.sss.gov/
NCUA uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
NCUA IS A COMPETITIVE SERVICE AGENCY.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You must meet the qualifications for this position by the closing date of this announcement.
First, your application package will be reviewed for completeness (resume and supporting documentation). You will not be considered if you fail to submit all the required documents as outlined in this announcement.
Second, your resume will be reviewed to determine if you meet the basic qualifications/specialized experience requirements.
Third, if you meet those requirements and are not an internal non-competitive candidate, your resume will be evaluated by an NCUA ERB rating and ranking panel to determine the extent to which you possess the required executive and technical qualifications. Non-competitive internal candidates, will be forwarded directly to the selecting official. Best Qualified candidates will be referred to an NCUA ERB interview panel for a possible interview. The ERB interview panel will make recommendations on final selections to the appointing authority.
NOTE: Effective January 1, 2010, OPM must authorize any employment offers we make to current or former (within the last 5 years) political Schedule A, Schedule C, or Non-career SES (political) employees in the executive branch. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, or Non-career SES employee in the executive branch, you must disclose that to the point of contact listed on this vacancy announcement.