Supervisory Contract Specialist
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1. A 4-year course of study, from an accredited college or university, leading to a bachelor's degree or higher that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (The exception is if you have been continuously employed in a GS-1102-13 position in the competitive Federal Service since January 1, 2000) AND
2. 4-years of experience in contracting or related positions which includes at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as 1) performing a full range of duties involved in developing and managing new acquisition initiatives; 2) reviewing internal operations and recommending improvements; 3) preparing solicitation documents, and incorporating Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other provisions such as firm- fixed price provisions, fixed-price incentive, cost-plus-award-fee, service contract act, testing procedures, ordering procedures, cost escalation factors, cost data requirements, etc; 4) reviewing contracting processes and recommending improvements; and 5) negotiating price, contract specifications, delivery dates, incentives, and other terms and conditions. AND
3. You must have a FAC-C Level III or a DAWIA Level III certification in Contracting.
Merit promotion applicants must meet time-in-grade requirement as defined in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F. One year at the GS-13 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS14 level.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position has a basic education requirement listed under the Qualifications section of this announcement.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.Current OPM employees may qualify as an exception.
The full performance level of this position is a GS-14.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional similar vacancies across OPM.
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, the veteran must be a preference eligible or a veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions.
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility
requirements visit the following websites:
- Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A
- Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
- Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
- Other Special Appointment Authorities
Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, if you received the link after the close of the announcement. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Reasonable_Accommodations_for_USA_Hire Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies(knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Acquisition Knowledge
All qualified Non Competitive applicants and the best qualified Merit Promotion applicants will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above based on the competencies listed above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No