Transportation Operations Officer (Motor)
25% or less - Travel is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 5 investigation level). You must be granted this clearance before you can start the job.
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
- Serve a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, if required.
- Meet the minimum age limit
- Have a valid driver's license
- Submit to periodic and random drug testing where a urinalysis will be used to screen for illegal drug use. A negative test result is required before you start.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-14 salary range starts at $114,590.00 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience planning, directing, and executing the day-to-day operations of a fleet program and must demonstrate knowledge of vehicle consolidations; accident management; safety and environmental programs pertaining to Government vehicles; vehicle specifications and capabilities; cost and market trends; vehicle procurement policies and procedures; and managing material and financial resources. This experience must also include planning, directing, coordinating, and overseeing work through subordinate supervisors and/or senior administrative employees or teams leads.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Bargaining Unit status: Not Eligible for the Bargaining Unit
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Knowledge of regulations, policies, or procedures that would affect the Fleet program
- Skill in exercising independent judgement and decision-making to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations to resolve problems
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes