Information Technology Specialist (APPLICATIONS SOFTWARE/OPER SYS)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education, and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.
NOTE: Applicants must meet time-in-grade and time after competitive appointment requirements, by the closing date of this announcement.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions, per 5CFR 300, Subpart F.
Applicants applying for the GS-14 grade level must meet the following requirements:
Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Mastery of the principles, practices and technologies related to IT applications software design, development and implementation, including such elements as structured design, supportability, survivability, reliability, scalability, and maintainability, as well as the interrelationships among it disciplines (including network systems, security, database management, system analysis and others) and new software design technologies, sufficient to ensure applications are optimized.
- Customer Service - Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels to plan and coordinate assigned responsibilities and to establish and maintain liaison with customer officials to provide the highest possible level of customer service.
- Oral Communication - Ability to clearly communicate technical plans and coordinate the delivery of hosting services in the specialist area.
- Problem Solving - Expert ability to resolve problems that arise, including those involving controversial matters.
Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience in IT Project management related to Capital projects, Real Estate and Facility management, Facility maintenance, Space management, Environmental and Energy management software applications (e.g. IBM-Tririga, eMaint EMMS, PL Workplace, etc.).
- Experience providing project management with responsibility for managing all aspects of major projects involving the assessment, systems development lifecycle (SDLC) management, deployment, subsequent utilization of software and applications-based solutions.
- Experience exercising technical and programmatic responsibility for project oversight, planning, risk management, quality control and assurance, and financial management; and
- Experience Developing reports and associated reporting mechanisms and processes to communicate project-related issues and status to management.
NOTE: In order to qualify for this position, your experience MUST be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-14 position.
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations@state.gov.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
- Knowledge of information technology life cycle management concepts.
- Knowledge of information technology performance measures.
- Ability to apply program management principles, methods, and practices.
- Ability to make decisions based on information from a wide variety of sources.
- Knowledge of Information Assurance methods and procedures.
- Ability to lead individuals and teams.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume should include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week. For assistance with creating a resume, please click
Qualified candidates are assigned a score between 70 and 100. Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position and earn a score of at least 85 (when applicants are rated in a range of 70 to 100) to receive consideration for special priority.
If, after reviewing your resume and self-assessment questionnaire responses and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, a score will be manually determined that reflects your documented experience. This may result in a lower score, which may also eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any required supporting documentation by the closing date of this job opportunity. Your application package must contain sufficient information to make a valid determination that you fully meet the basic/specialized experience requirements as stated in this job opportunity announcement for each grade level(s) for which you are applying. Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes