Special Agent - Healthcare Services/Medical Background
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent on position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes - You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct, foremost being honesty and integrity.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top-Secret Security Clearance.
- Pass a Physical Fitness Test (PFT) at least twice during the application process; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI's 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico, or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months of driving experience.
- Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- BA/BS or advanced degree (preferably in a medical, health or public safety discipline).
- Certification as an EMT or paramedic.
The FBI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this vacancy. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit factors.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration, communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem solving/judgment.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI Drug test required Yes