Special Agent - Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Background
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent on position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes - More than 56 Field Offices and resident agencies across the nation; legal attaches across the world.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct, foremost being honesty and integrity.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Pass a Physical Fitness Test (PFT) at least twice during the application process; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI's 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
For more information on eligibility requirements see: https://fbijobs.gov/working-at-FBI/eligibility. You must:
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Must have a bachelor's degree or master's degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months driving experience.
- Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete training at the FBI
Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
BA/BS degree in information technology, forensic science, computer technology or similar disciplines.
The FBI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this vacancy. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or nonmembership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other nonmerit factors.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration, communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem solving/judgment.Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes