PR Account Manager
Sparks Group and a full-service, integrated public relations and marketing firm in Tysons Corner, VA have partnered together to find a PR Account Manager who is eager to skyrocket their career at one of the leading agencies in the DC area. As a PR Account Manager, you will be responsible for executing public relations and social media campaigns for Fortune 500 companies, top government contractors and federal agencies. Must have strong experience in helping develop and execute powerful PR and Social Media strategies and campaigns, incorporating both traditional and new media communications, managing support staff, and juggling demands in a high-paced environment.
- Assume majority of responsibilities for effectively leading account teams, building client rapport, mentoring and ensuring all staff clearly understand accounts and assignments, and the entire team is working in a cooperative fashion to promote great work as well as a positive internal team environment.
- Assist in developing and executing strategic communication plans and campaign strategies that offer unique strategies tailored to the needs of the client.
- Provide strategic counsel to clients in messaging and positioning.
- Help lead the strategy and execution of PR and awareness programs for clients including media tours, feature story development, social media programs, press releases, award programs, analyst relations, executive speaker placement, etc.
- Collaborate across marketing, strategy, events, interactive, design and advertising departments to develop and execute integrated communications programs.
- Mentor and manage PR staff.
- Train corporate executive spokespeople in effective media interview strategies and tactics.
- Set client expectations, ensuring projects remain within scope and manage all deliverables.
- Support business development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience in public relations and/or related communications fields.
- At least 2 years of account/team leadership experience.
- Leadership courage; ability to appropriately challenge status quo and influence others.
- Agency experience required.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strategic yet creative thinker, self-starter, willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Government and technology experience a plus.
- New business development experience a plus.
- Can inspire trust and confidence, including the ability to sell ideas and influence directly and indirectly.
- Prefers high-energy environment characterized by high-growth expectations.
- Expert-level verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to distill complex issues into compelling communications.
- Approaches challenging circumstances and relationships with confidence and initiative.
- Excellent listener balanced with ability to challenge colleagues constructively and stimulate the thinking of others.
- Confident decision maker supported by disciplined, logical thinking, attention to detail and fact-based, documented conclusions and opinions.
- Deep communications/PR/Social Media expertise and the ability to interpret emerging trends, transfer knowledge to peers and implement to enable continued achievement of the company’s vision.
- Strong business acumen/sensitivity; thinks holistically, incorporates overall company objectives in developing team strategy and decisions.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.